Abendmusik mission: gathering to experience excellence in the performing arts
Abendmusik vision: to enrich community and inspire collaboration
Founded in 1972, Abendmusik at First-Plymouth continues to bring inspiring artists together to perform compelling music that offers a spiritual message of hope and peace.
Abendmusik is seeking an Executive Director to partner with Artistic Director Tom Trenney and the Abendmusik board of directors to continue its rich tradition of excellence and to expand its meaningful outreach to the community as a 501(c)3 non-profit.
Executive Director Job Description
Desired Qualifications and Qualities
• Experience as a leader, team player, and collaborator.
• Experience with non-profits, including producing and presenting events.
• Success in fundraising and in donor development.
• Experience in marketing/promotion.
• Effective in developing and maintaining relationships.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Competent using Microsoft Word, Excel and cloud sharing services, and basic desktop publishing skills.
Partnership with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors
• Guide mission and vision of Abendmusik.
• Recruit and nurture members of the Board of Directors.
• Schedule, present, and/or produce 6-12 Abendmusik events per season.
• Prepare and lead monthly board meeting.
• Attend monthly Church Council meetings at First-Plymouth Church.
• Be familiar with the articles of incorporation, by-laws, and all policies and procedures of the organization, ensuring that all activities are in compliance with those documents.
• Develop and manage on-going relationships with individual and corporate donors.
• Identify and cultivate potential donors.
• Ensure audience development and outreach.
• Recruit and lead Abendmusik volunteers.
• Coordinate donor recognition events and activities.
• Develop relationships and partnerships with other arts organizations.
Promotion and Programming
• Coordinate with the Music Ministry Assistant in preparation and production of Abendmusik events.
• Negotiate contracts for performing artists.
• Create and implement a marketing plan for each season, making necessary modifications to ensure its effectiveness.
• Plan and direct development of Abendmusik’s website and social media.
• Plan and oversee promotional print materials, advertising, and other marketing materials.
• Solicit program advertisers and in-kind contributions.
• Coordinate content and production of event programs in partnership with the contracted graphic designer and other staff.
• Manage event logistics and details, including rehearsals, performances, ticket sales, receptions, and performing artists’ needs.
• Prepare, oversee, and monitor Abendmusik’s annual budget with the Board of Directors and Artistic Director.
• Assume responsibility for fundraising and cultivating other resources necessary to support Abendmusik’s mission, including Give to Lincoln Day and grant requests.
• Collaborate with Abendmusik’s treasurer in handling the organization’s finances.
• Coordinate payment of invoices for goods or services, including payment of performing artists.
The Executive Director of Abendmusik will report to the Minister of Music and will work closely with the Music Ministry Assistant and the Abendmusik board of directors.
The ideal candidate should expect to work 15-20 hours per week for an annual salary of $20,000. The position’s weekly work schedule will be flexible, depending upon the needs of the organization at the time.
Please send resumes to Tom Trenney - Artistic Director of Abendmusik and Minister of Music to Abendmusik (2000 D Street, Lincoln, NE 68502) or to firstname.lastname@example.org.